Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Chronic Dissatisfaction...Time for a Change



We all know the phrase from the wonderful Penelope Cruz in Vicky, Christina, Barcelona. I've been tackling this issue since I was a kid and I know it's not just me. We are constantly overwhelmed by communication, advertising and messages telling us how to be a "better you." It's to the point where I feel like I will never be satisfied with anything. I'm always looking at the big picture and worried about the future. That's the exact reason why I always feel inadequate and tend to drive people platanos. Plus, the fact that I am the most impatient person on the planet (Gemini) doesn't help the situation. In my old age of 25, I'm realizing this is not the way to be if I want to be happy...So *cues drum roll* for my New Year's resolution, I'm going to try my best to live in the moment & cherish each breath I take.

JMM