Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Twitty Tuesday #12: West Coast Edition


Hello Jenny Marie PR Blog Readers! This is CKTwitty reporting from the West Coast! As you can probably tell from my tone of writing, I'm very happy and cheerful and it's all because I've been enjoying a lot of sunshine, the ocean and yummy Mexican food over here on the West in San Diego, California. I just have to say that San Diego has the BEST Mexican food ever! I have been craving an authentic pollo asado taco from a "mami papi" Mexican restaurant, since I moved out to New York last year, but I'm sad and disappointed to say that there are no good, cheap Mexican restaurants anywhere to be found in the state of New York! Take a look at this picture of a pollo asado taco from El Cotixan, which is the go-to spot if you are craving a burrito or taco after-hours and/or after the club scene when you get those wonderful drunk munchies we've all experienced. This restaurant is the perfect hang-out, it's open 24 hours, it serves the cheapest and best Mexican food in Southern California (according to many people), and you can get a huge stuffed taco for about 3 bucks, an enormous burrito for less than 5 dollars and super nachos, layered with flavorful carne asada, cheese and guacamole, for about 5 dollars. Something new that I tried at El Cotixan was a giant, battered fish taco, with spicy pink sauce, salsa, guacamole and cheese, for only 3 dollars! The taco just melts in your mouth and, to say the least, it's an "orgasmic" experience. The Mexican food here is so delicious and cheap that I find the idea of going to an expensive Mexican restaurant an absolute crime. I think it's horrible that we don't have Mexican food like this in New York and something needs to be done about this! Since I can't bring this deliciousness to y'all, here is a great guacamole and chips recipe you can make at home on your own:




* 2 Avocados
* 1 Chopped Tomato
* 1.5 Teaspoons Salt
* 1 Teaspoon Lemon Juice

Mix all ingredients together and eat with corn chips.

Enjoy!!!