Friday, April 30, 2010

My Reflection on The Movie & Soundtrack: New Jack City



I've been listening to New Jack Swing all week and it got me reminiscing...

I remember my father let us watch New Jack City with him. You guys have to understand I was 6 when it came out LOL. I personally think you should let your kids watch Rated R movies at a young age. It gives kids a better sense of reality. Watching Pooky (Chris Rock) go through withdrawals scared the ever living shit out of me at age 6...which is a good thing. Those drug free commercials don't work because they are forced messages.

If you want your kid NOT to try drugs make them watch New Jack City (Plus Transpotting & Reqium for a Dream)

On a lighter note, Nino Brown had so many classic one liners & Ice-T was a true badass in that film lol

"Sit Your 5 dollar ass down before I make change" Nino Brown (Wesley Snipes)

"Yeah, Yeah a mind is a terrible thing to waste. Now back to the titties" Scotty (Ice-T)

"Am I my Brother's Keeper, Yes I am" Nino Brown (Wesley Snipes)

"Cancel that Bitch, I'll buy another one" Nino Brown (Wesley Snipes)

"I tried to kick it, but that shit just be callin me man, it be callin me..." Pooky (Chris Rock)

"Rock-a-bye Baby" Keisha (Vanessa Williams) <---Also shouts to Just Blaze for using that quote in the cuts on "Lullaby" by Fabolous. Dope track!