Thursday, April 15, 2010

Public Enemy Wants Fans to Donate/Fundraise for Their New Album (Huh?)



I love Public Enemy but I find this concept a little weird. The group is using the website Sellabrand.com to help raise $750,000 for their upcoming album.

They stated the following:

"We have learned that the fan-funding model is still not fully developed and, as a result, a $250,000 fund-raising effort, while possible, will take too long to accomplish…As a result of our SellaBand experience and all that we have learned, we now believe that a $75,000 fund raising target will fulfil the needs for a new recording project and is much more appropriate for the strength of the existing SellaBand model and the current economic climate."

I wonder what happens if they do not meet that goal? The album won't be as hot? or won't be released? Either way, I'm still a fan. I'd like to see how this pans out.

Side Note: What happen to all the money flava flav made from reality tv?