Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Twitty Tuesday: Race on Broadway



If I were you I would race to go see Race on Broadway before the show ends on June 13. I had the pleasure of seeing Race this past Sunday at the Barrymore Theatre, located at 243 West 47th Street. Written and directed by multiple award-winning playwright/director David Mamet, the play "tackles America's most controversial topic [race] in a provocative new tale of sex, guilt and bold accusations." The story is about two lawyers (James Spader and David Alan Grier) who try to defend a wealthy white executive (Richard Thomas) charged with raping a black woman. When a new, black legal assistant (Kerry Washington) gets involved in the case, the racial controversy is brought to a boil. In my opinion, James Spader was even more compelling and charismatic on stage than in movies. The show was absolutely magnificent. My only complaint is that I wish the show could have been longer! - It was that good. For more information and to purchase tickets, visit www.raceonbroadway.com.