Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Knickerbocker Steakhouse in Greenwich Village




I thought I have been to all the excellent steakhouses in NYC BUT I was wrong. I had the pleasure of going to The Knickerbocker last night for dinner and it was amazing. The lighting is dim and the space between tables is perfect (that's my pet peeve...I hate when tables are too close together ie some Italian restaurants) The wine list & the menu has a tremendous amount of selections. It was very hard to choose.

Recommendations

Wine: Shiraz, Greg Norman Limestone, Australia

Starter: The Frisee Salad with panchetta, roasted garlic & crumbled blue cheese

Main Course: The Ribeye for 2 ($80 OR $40 per person) I would suggest it cooked Medium

Dessert: Chocolate Souffle (ask for this when you first sit down...it takes 30 mins to prepare)

Located at 33 University Place

shouts to @annamazzz

http://www.knickerbockerbarandgrill.com/home.html